The SDK is built on top of backbone.js. Please review https://backbonejs.org/ to understand how this has been structured.
Adaptors - unique to our SDK
When you have:
- A field on the server
- A control you want to bind to that field
Models and Views and Adaptors and Controls
Model is client side concept of a field ( a client side way of storing the value of that field) and co-ordinates the logic between server and client.
- Models are there for all views
View - a built in way of visualising a field (default ui) and is built on top of a model
- All the basic fields are there for all fields
Adaptor is on top of a view - to use a different UI for the same field.
- Adaptor needs to use a view
- There are 17 adaptors in the system now most tied to Kendo - they can be mapped to another ui library
Controls are provided as a 3rd party library for UI pieces that can be used
- So Build Adaptors to a particular UI library you want to view = this does not tie you to a library. Many are open source
- Kendo have some open source items
Can build adaptors built to a UI Library - specifically. Bootstrap has a lot of UI controls as well. Can put bootstrap into wordpress and use the UI components.
- No need for adapators for some of the bootstrap views as normally base html controls
- Visual Studio 2012/2013
- ASP.NET MVC 4
- An existing server application written using the Genie